Saturday, May 13, 2006

it's all starting

School is over. My grades are in. People are moving away and my travels are about to begin. Lots has happened since I last wrote and it's only been 2 weeks. I went to Pi Kappa Phi's formal in Aspen April 28-30th and it was probably the most amazing weekend all year. We had a blast up there. Then finals rolled around and with the news of my NSEP scholarship, I found out that I have to take an oral Spanish exam in order to get the scholarship. I have to pass this oral exam at an ADVANCED level or I don't get the money. Needless to say I freaked out b/c I didn't have a Spanish class this semester nor have I been practicing. So I tried to squeeze in studying for Spanish as I was cramming for finals. I still haven't taken the test b/c they haven't told me when it is....but I have a feeling it's going to be while I'm in VEGAS for the next 3 days. I've been working on my Spanish so hopefully I'll pass. But I've come to terms with the fact that I can only do so much and it's out of my hands after a certain point.

Today I had lunch with Danielle B. and it was the last time I'm going to see her until sometime after I get back in July '07. She's off to Italy and to work in San Jose, CA this summer. We had so much fun this semester dancing at the Foundry and hittin' up the Rio....I'm going to miss her! Then while we were at lunch my friend Leffler called to say Bye b/c he was heading back to Kansas. That made me sad b/c I won't see him until I get back either since he's doing JOH this summer. So today was the first day (minus the day in Jan. when Matt went back to Cali) that I got all teary-eyed with saying goodbye to people. I wish everyone could come visit me in Chile or that things would be the same when I return even though I know they won't. But I suppose all I can look forward to is doing my best to keep in touch with my friends and share our life's changes with each other.

Tomorrow I leave for Vegas until the 17th. Then I'm back in Boulder for 2 days before heading home for the weekend to celebrate my sister's 16th birthday and Mother's Day. The 23rd I head out to Boston to see Anne & Judd...and I'm so freaking excited! I can't wait to see Anne. I'm staying on the East coast until the 28th and then my mom is picking me up at DIA. We are doing the Bolder Boulder on Monday the 29th. Then I'm going to D.C. for the 30th & 31st for the NSEP convocation and after that I will not want to step foot on a plane for a while! I'll only be in Boulder for the first 2 weeks of June and then I'm heading home to chill with my fam before I leave!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home